Welcome to the Suzuki Talent Education Program (STEP), in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador. We are a non-profit music program dedicated to the teaching of music according to the method and philosophy of Dr. Shinichi Suzuki. STEP’s mission is to employ Suzuki’s method to enrich both the family lives of members of the organization and the cultural life of Newfoundland and Labrador as a whole through music.
- Summer Institute registration is open – Early Bird Deadline April 15! - Registration is now open for both the Newfoundland and Labrador Suzuki Institute (formerly ACSI) and our new Iceberg Chamber Music Institute (ICMI) for advanced students. Both the institutes run in parallel at Bishop Feild School on Bond Street in Downtown St. John's starting on Sunday June 25th. NLSI ends on Friday June 30th, while ICMI goes through to July 2nd. Early bird deadline is April 15th! Click here for NLSI programs and registration Click here for ICMI programs and registration
- January 21st group classes are CANCELLED - Hello STEP Community! As you know, we have a snowstorm coming in - it now looks like the worst of it (with some serious winds) will be hitting in the morning just as we would be having group classes, so in the interests of safety we will be cancelling all group classes tomorrow. The next STEP event is our solo concert next Saturday (the 28th). We'll see you then!
- Book Launch! Teaching Body Mapping to Children - Jennifer Johnson is launching her new book on January 8th from 3:00 - 6:00 pm, at 35 Monkstown Road. Please join us!
- Newsletter #1 – October 25, 2016 - Read our Fall 2016 Newsletter.
- STEP has a new website! - Introducing the new and improved mobile-friendly STEP website. Loaded with information for parents and students alike. Check it out!