Welcome to the Suzuki Talent Education Program (STEP), in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador. We are a non-profit music program dedicated to the teaching of music according to the method and philosophy of Dr. Shinichi Suzuki. STEP’s mission is to employ Suzuki’s method to enrich both the family lives of members of the organization and the cultural life of Newfoundland and Labrador as a whole through music.
- Every Child Can!©
STEP will be offering “Every Child Can!©”, a one-day course in Suzuki educational philosophy given by master teacher-trainer Susan Gagnon. This course provides an inspiring, in-depth look at the Suzuki approach to teaching and learning. For teachers, it is the first prerequisite to further Suzuki-certified teacher training; and, for parents, a thorough preparation for starting STEP lessons with your child.
Who should attend?
- Parents and caregivers of young children,
- music teachers and prospective music teachers,
- early-childhood-education professionals,
- and all others interested in learning about the Suzuki approach to education,
- Date: Saturday June 30th-Sunday July 1st
- Time: TBA, six hours in total
- Location: TBA (Central St. John’s)
- $120, including materials and textbook
- Free for NLSI “Starting With Suzuki” parents
- Special discount for STEP members; please inquire.
Register here: http://nlsi.ca/events/every-child-can-2018/
- Alert to Hotmail users
- Group Class Schedule 2017-18 (updated Sept 27th)
The Group Class Schedule for the 2017-18 year has been finalized and is now available. The latest version is Sept 27th – please make sure you consult the latest version in case of updates.
- Group Class Saturday Calendar 2017-18
The dates for our group classes are set! Note: “Music With Your Baby” (not “Transitions”) students will meet not only on Group Class Saturdays but also on dates marked “Extra Music With Your Baby”. Concert dates and venues are also listed.
Group Class Calendar
Please refer to the Group Class Schedule, updated Sept 27th, for times and rooms of classes.