Hello STEP Families,
Here we are, finally, back for another Group Class Saturday! Here’s what you need to know for this week, and upcoming news.
As always, please reply via email if your child will be absent – your teachers appreciate the advance notice.
1) Theme of the week: St. Patrick’s Day
2) Substitute teachers
3) Fundraising project for everyone: Bath Bombs from St. John’s Soap Works
4) Camp registration, and busking info to help with your fees
5) Parent Orientation begins
1) Winterfest fun continues on in group class! Each Group Class Saturday, from now until Newfoundland and Labrador Suzuki Institute begins, will have a fun theme. This week it will be St. Patrick’s Day! Wear anything green! Shamrocks, leprechauns and a pot of gold are all encouraged!
2) Several teachers (Maria, Dominic and Carole) will be away: here is the list of substitutions.
Early Book 1, usually Dominic: Maggie Burton
Book 2/3, usually Carole: Jennifer Johnson
Musicianship Red B, usually Maria: TBA
Fiddle 2, usually Carole: Christina Smith
Musicianship Red A, usually Maria: TBA
Fiddle 1, usually Maria: TBA
Twinkles, usually Dominic: Nancy Case-Oates
Musicianship Yellow, usually Dominic: Lauren Smee
Musicianship Orange, usually Maria: TBA
Book 4/5, usually Carole: Lauren Smee
3) FUNDRAISING PROJECT: We are so excited to partner with St. John’s Soap Works for our major group fundraiser this year! Please pick up your bath bomb order forms at the main desk on Saturday morning. Forms and payment are due on Saturday, April 14. The bath bombs will be ready for pick up on Saturday, May 5. They make wonderful Mother’s Day gifts! This is a program-wide fundraiser. Every family is asked to participate – from our Music with Your Baby participants all the way up through. As a non-profit, parent-led organization, we rely on these funds to enrich the educational experience of our students to provide them with experiences beyond classes and lessons.
4) CAMP Registration is in full swing! Take advantage of Early Bird prices until April 14th.
There is a hard deadline of May 5th this year, so be sure to get your registrations in on time! Register at http://nlsi.ca or http://icebergchambermusic.ca/
Did you know? You can offset your camp fees by signing up to busk! Kristy Piercey will be setting up busking opportunities in May and June, where hours and money banked during busking will go directly towards your family’s camp fees. Get in touch with Kristy at email@example.com for more information.
Can you donate Air Miles or Aeroplan Points to help bring visiting teachers to our Institutes? There’s a discount or other benefits available for donors! Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Parent Orientation starts this Saturday! If you are brand new to the program or will be joining shortly, you will meet this week in room 2025 at 9:45. If you have an instrument, child- or adult-size, please bring it along. More details may be sent via email.
Finally: Rob Cass is managing administration solo this week since I’m away. Give him a high-five, and a hand opening up and clearing away if you can.
Have a great Saturday, see you next time!